Sunday, July 5, 2009

Less than 1% of population


After we finished the run last Sunday, CP told me we are now officially part of this exclusive club of people who has run a marathon.

I did some googling later on and found out in North America the % of population who has done a marathon is only 0.1%. I believe this number could be much lower in Malaysia, judging from people we always bumped into during races, I estimate the number of active marathoner in Malaysia is less than 2k. That mean it is less than 0.008% of 26 millions Malaysian population. I'm very proud to be part of this.

What is the main reason the % is so low?

Actually now that I have done mine, I can tell everyone that running a marathon is not as hard as it seen. I believe most people who is willing to commit serious time into training can make it to the finish line.

Our body can adapt very fast to the training - an official beginner's training program from Runner's World website is only 16 weeks. Anyone who is willing to commit their time to it will have very high chance of making it to the finishing line. The hardest part is to make that commitment and stick to it throughout the training period.

So who is joining us (me and CP) in Penang this Nov?

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment