Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pacesetters 30k

A good start to the running season this year.

I just finished the Pacesetters New Balance 30k run this morning despite not much of training.

The consequence of course is the suffering at the last 5k.

My finishing time 3h29m. Total distance recorded by the GPS is 30.2km. Average pace of 6m56s per km.

I started with a comfortable pace. Reached 10k in 59m.

The route brought us to the famous (at least for runners) Sri Hartamas Petronas station then return through a loop around Matrade and Government building near Jalan Duta. Reached 15k in 1h31m.

At around 20k, we reached the infamous double hill route. It was a very tough challenge to run up the hill after 20k. Reached 20k in 2h06m.

The route from 20k onwards is very hilly. I decided to walk up the hills to conserve energy. My worry was I couldn't finish if I spent too much energy on those hills. Reached 25k in 2h46m.

The suffering started after the 25k. Both my calves were at the edge of getting cramped and my knees were getting painful. So I started to alternate run-walk until the last km.

Overall the race was well organised with plenty of water-stations.

I decided not to bring any water having faith in Pacesetters' ability to organise a good race:)

Also had the opportunity to meet a fellow runner from KK - must apologise I don't know how to spell his name. I'm sure will meet him again in many future races.

Until the next challenge.. Keep running..

No comments:

Post a Comment