Sunday, March 15, 2009

Larian Amal Seri Sinar - Part 2


Photo courtesy of CP.

Race details:
Date: 15 March 2009
Time: 7.00am
Location: around Taman Bukit Jalil and Kompleks Sukan Negara
Friends who participate: CP, Janice, James, Terence (DNS)

It was a good race for me. Finished the distance of around 10.5km (measured using mapmyrun) in 58 minutes. Placed 103 in the men open category. CP did very well in this race. He finished in 57 minutes and placed 87. Janice did superbly well in her women open category as well. She finished in 16 position. James came in later after the hour mark.

I started the race pretty quick due to the downhill stretch. It's a strategy I frequently took to gain on the timing. The 1st km pace is estimated to be around 4.3 minutes. After the 1st km, I slow down the pace to around 5.5 minutes. Keeping CP on my sight until around the 3rd km mark (the turning to the Sports Complex). After that I started to struggle a bit and had to slow down more. CP continued with his impressive pace and I'm slowly losing sight of him.

Reached 5km mark (water station) at around 26 minutes (found out later CP is already ¹minute ahead at this point) and continue to charge forward after a brief water stop.

The rest of the route is quite flat and I managed to maintain my pace until reaching the starting point again. There the voluteers gave us encouragement and said 3km to go. The 10km runners have to do one more loop around Taman Bukit Jalil. This final loop is extremely punishing as my legs were starting to get very tired. A lot of people overtook me during the long climb at the last 2km.

Finally the climb is over. The last km is the road leading to Taman Bukit Jalil. About 500 meters from the finishing line suddenly a familiar person zoom pass me. She is the strong lady from the senior veteran category. I keep up to her pace until the carpark entrance where the race would end and give my last push and overtook her at the climb towards the carpark.

Overall this is a very satisfying race for me.


Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment