Sunday, March 29, 2009

Runners and dogs


I'm back in my home town for Cheng Beng.

Since there was nothing much to do in the evening, I decided to go for a long run around housing area next to my house. It's was around 5.40pm and sun is still shining bright and hot.

I started the run thinking how many rounds should I go, which route to take etc but not even 500 meters into the run suddenly I saw a dog ran towards me from about 200 meters away. Since I have several experience of being chased after by dogs, I immediately knew this dog is heading towards me. Without even a second thought, I turn around and ran back as fast as I could. After 500 meters when I'm back to where I started the run, I turn back to see whether the dog is still chasing. Luckily it has stopped and walking back slowly.

"This route didn't work out.", I thought. "So let's try in another direction". Unfortunately this time it was worse. 200 meters into the run and I encountered another dog barking furiously at me. I stopped immediately and walk home. Basically not worth risking injury just to put in the run.

All these dogs around the housing area is wild. They normally don't border when people walk by but somehow when they see runners, they will start barking like mad and some will start chasing. I guess the dogs think runners are abnormal people..

Since I have not been running consistently for the whole of this week and definitely don't want to miss the weekend run, I went home and took my sister's motobike and ride to the nearby recreational park to continue the run.

The sun was still shining brightly at around 6pm. I went on to run around the track for 35 minutes. The heat from the sun and hot track surface made running very difficult. Since I ran mostly in the morning and quite unaccustom to the heat, 35 minutes seems like eternity but I'm glad to have put this in the bag.

I went back to the track again this morning on my way to buy breakfast to do another 38 minutes run. It was much better without the heat..

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment