Sunday, September 13, 2009

Road to Penang Bridge Marathon (Week 6)

I finally did my 21k run after 6 weeks into the training.
Woke up at 5.30am this morning to do this week's long run. Unfortunately it rained again. Not too heavy but I decided to wait until the rain ease off. Don't want to risk getting sick around this time of the year.
I waited until the rain stopped at 6.30 and started my LSD for this week at 6.45. I brought along a bottle of Accelerade and hide it somewhere along my running route.
The route is 3km per loop
I did 7 loops around this 3km route this morning. The guards and people who saw me running must be wondering what am I doing running round and round for more than 2 hours:)
For the first 6 loops, I was able to run comfortably with the pace of slightly more than 20 minutes per loop on average. It was already close to 9am when I did my last loop, the heat plus lack of water (I only had one 600ml bottle) really make the last 3km a bit difficult. I managed to finish it 2 mins off the pace with the heavy legs. Nevertheless I'm very happy to have put in the required LSD for this week. Still a lot of 20k or more LSD to go before the race day. Must stay healthy and avoid any injury.
Total mileage this week = 46km. LSD = 21km.
Total mileage todate = 205km

No comments:

Post a Comment