Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Road to Penang Bridge Marathon (Week 7)


Another low mileage week due to many other commitments.

Those who train for marathon will soon discover the training itself is not that tough but finding time to train is the toughest part.

The best time to put in the mileages will be early morning before work and during the weekend. However the plan can easily be derailed if one has to work late. Weekend is always a juggle between family and long run.

I spent a lot of time in the weekends doing my long runs during the KL Marathon training. A typical schedule look like this: wake up at 5am, drives to Bukit Aman or Taman Bukit Jalil to meet up with the gang, run for 2.5 hours or more, chit chat and cool down after the run, drives home. It'll be 10.30am by the time I reached home.

Because of that, I actually prefer to run around my neighbourhood. I can start a 20k run at 6.30am and it can be done before 9am. I can then head home immediately and bring the kids out for breakfast after a quick shower.


Total mileage this week = 6km (2km at Batu Ferringi beach)
Also did a 3 x 17 (floors) stairs run with Will on Thursday and a swim.

It's a very relaxed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment