Sunday, April 5, 2009

21k training


Yesterday was the 2nd time I did a 21k distance. The first time was 2 weeks ago with Lam KW around Bukit Jalil area. This time either because the leg muscles have adapted to it or because we didn't go that fast, I felt great after the run. It was a very different experience from the 1st time. My guess is the terrain also play a part in this.

The route from Lake Garden to Sri Hartamas is a lot more hilly than the route around Taman Bukit Jalil. The benefit of a hilly route is the group of muscles used is different going up and down the hills. Whereas in a relatively flat route, one has to keep using the same muscle group through out.

5 of us took the challenge yesterday. CP and his brother CK, Kok Leong, Will and myself. The first 6km gone smoothly with everyone able to keep up relatively well. CK decided to stop at this distance and wait for our return at a bus stop.

4 of us proceed to cross the busy Jalan Duta over to Income Tax building and continue the run towards the Sri Hartamas Petronas Station.

It was a bit more eventful during the return run. Both Will and KL slowed down and got lost at Hockey Stadium but luckily they were saved by Garmin. CP and CK took off earlier from the bus stop leaving me behind to wait for Will and KL. I decided to continue the run on my own after waited for more than 10 minutes without any sign that both of them will show up soon. I was thinking maybe both of them have given up and decided to take a taxi:) Only later, I found out they were lost for more than 10 minutes.

Running alone for the last 6km is quite challenging. It was difficult to decide what pace to run. I was surprised to find out CP and CK has not returned to the starting point when I reached. So I walked around the car park to cool down and later I saw CP ran back without his brother. CK was having a cramp at the killer hill and he came back to bring his car to fetch him. I extend my cool down to jog towards Jalan Parlimen and met up with Will and KL there..

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment