Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hardest run yet - 28km


Woke up at 4.30am to prepare for this run. Reached Bukit Aman Carpark, the meeting place slightly earlier at 5.15am. So I decided to take a nap in the car while waiting for the rest.

4 persons including myself turned up for today's run. Ravin, KW and CP. CP brought his new Suunto GPS pod.

We started the run by making a loop around bird park and Jalan Lembah before heading out to Jalan Parlimen and proceed to Bukit Tunku.

First part of the route is similar to GE30k. We cut through Bukit Tunku to Jalan Duta, then to Matrade building and followed Jalan Khidmat Usaha to Sri Hartamas. 3 of us, CP, KW and myself made an extra big loop around Petronas station before making a water stop. I bought a Gatorade from the Petronas shop to refill since the drink I brought along finished at this point.

So far so good at the distance of 19km. I started to struggle on the way back at roughly around 25km. The good thing is it was a long downhill stretch at Jalan Tun Ismail. I managed to keep the run going until we reach Jalan Sultan Salahuddin. At that point my calf muscles just felt too painful to continue. I was afraid they may start to cramp if I push further. So I suggested to KW to stop and wait for CP and take a rest at the same time.

CP walked down about 10 mins later. He is suffering from heel pain as well. So all 3 of us decided we'll walk back from this point. The distance run is around 27km at that point. 1km cool down walk isn't that bad as an option anyway.

This is the longest running distance I have done so far. Feeling and pain is more or less similar to when I did my first 20km.

Next week's plan is to do a 30km..

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment