Saturday, April 18, 2009

29.2k - Pushing the limit


Another new personal record for me.

29.2km is the longest I have done todate. Some of you may ask, why stop at 29.2k and not 30k? I will tell that story some other time:)

Basically I would have done 30k if I knew it's only another 800m to go. I haven't reached the stage where another step is not possible.

Only myself, CP and Lam participated in this run. It was a fast (I mean for our standard) first 10km, I believe averaging below 7 minutes. The next 10k is still relatively fast. The suffering point started at about 24k. From that point onwards, we are mixing run and walk for the rest of the distance.

I managed to find a good rhythm between run and walk to continue the rest of the journey. My legs were not as sore as last week after the run. I think part of the reason is the better muscles management after the 1st experience last week:)

Next week I'll be at Bidor for the half marathon. Going to take it easy and as part of weekly long run. The road to 42km is still a long way to go...

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment