Monday, November 9, 2009

Peak Mileage

Less than 12 days to Penang Bridge Marathon.. and I've yet to put in that "must do" 30k run to survive the full distance.

In fact my longest distance in a single run todate is 21.3k run which I did on Sunday.

Time to panic? No. I'm actually experimenting (or should I say gamble) with a training program that totalled up to 60k per week but with shorter daily run.

If this work, I will use it again in my future marathon trainings. It allows me to have better consistency in term of commitment. You don't feel like giving up before that 30k run or demoralised due to a bad run.

I started this method after I injured my right knee. Works well so far and my weekly mileage has exceeded 60k last week.

Will do another 60k this week before I taper off next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment