Sunday, November 22, 2009

Quick update from Penang Bridge Marathon 2009

Another mission accomplished.

Finished my 2nd marathon this morning with the time of 5 hours 08 minutes. A big improvement from the first one (5 hours 42 minutes).

The only regret is I didn't manage to get below 5 hours. Argh... it was so close.

Anyway it's a good lesson learnt for me. I pushed too hard too early in the run and as the consequence suffered badly from 30km onwards.

Next time I must know my realistic pace and pace it from the beginning. Call this pacing strategy:)

I started with a fast 5.5mins pace in the first 10k and slightly over 6mins until 20k. This sort of pace killed all energy storage in the muscles after 30k because I wasn't trained for it.

Anyway despite my underachievement, I was very happy to find out CP managed to do a sub 4 hours run. His finishing time is 3 hours 57 mins. What a blistering pace. The pace I can only dream of.

A BIG congratulation to him.

This sub-4 finish will make him one of the marathon elite in the running community. He even finished ahead of notable runners like Kenny Tan, Eugene, Frank etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment