Sunday, August 30, 2009

The 5th Pacemakers Anniversary Run


This is my first participation in a race hosted by the Pacemakers Network.

It's a 4 x 2.6km relay run around the Lake Garden track.

My team consist of myself, CP, Janice and James.

Janice took the first leg, CP 2nd then James and me took the last 2.

The greatest challenge of this run is the first 500 meters uphill run then followed by a 200 meters steep downhill before hitting the loop around Lake Garden.

Before my turn, CP has warned me about the punishing climb and asked me to take it easy but when my turn come, I still made the same mistake of pushing too hard on the climb and suffer greatly for the rest of the run.

In any case it was fun to push very hard all the way. You can almost hear the pumping sound of the heart. (not recommended to do it everyday:)

This is the time split of our team:

1. Janice - 13:49 [Pos. 14]
2. CP - 11:42 > 25:31 [Pos. 13]
3. James - 16:12 > 41:43 [Pos. 24]
4. BP - 12:30 > 54:13 [Pos. 26]

We finished in position 26 among 33 teams.

Other interesting facts:

- The champion team finished at 38 mins sharp.
- The fastest runner's time is 8m 27s (ave 3:15 per km)
- My time ranked 80/132 overall and 72/91 among the male runners (this is an elite field:)

- 8/41 female runners are ahead of me. The fastest female runner's time is 9m 50s (ave 3:47 per km)

My average pace for this run is 4:48 per km. I'm quite happy with this and of course there is always a lot of room to improve:)
Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment