Sunday, August 9, 2009

Road to Penang Bridge Marathon (Week 1)

Week 1 Training Plan

After a challenging half marathon race last week, I kick started my training program for the next marathon this week.

Last week's Adidas event see a tragic ending with a young runner found dead in the stadium tunnel a day later. A lot of tributes from various runners here, here and here. Life is so fragile and unpredictable. Who would have thought a young healthy runner will end his life in such unpredictable manner. My heart goes to his parents and family members..

Rest in peace Gary Leon Robert.

Back to my training this week. The training program is meant to be aggressive with mileage of around 50km for week 1. Anyway in reality it is very difficult to find enough time to train that long even in the morning unless I wake up 4.30am in some of the days. A lot of 8.30am meetings these days...

At the end I managed put in 27km mileage this week. Not such a bad start...

PBIM is on week 47. Exactly 16 weeks away including this week.

Training log:
Week 01 = 27km, Total todate = 27km, LSD = 10km, Tempo run = 2km @ 6m pace

No comments:

Post a Comment