Sunday, August 16, 2009

Road to Penang Bridge Marathon (Week 2)


Only managed 2 weekday runs this week but managed to catch up on the lost mileage yesterday and today.

I put on the heart rate monitor today to see how is my heart rate during the long slow run. Quite surprise to find out the heart rate can stay below 140 bpm most of the time and go slightly higher to 146 bpm when I run faster at 6:20 pace.

I used to be able to run comfortably at heart rate of around 155 bpm and peak close to 175 bpm when I'm pushing the pace.

This drop from 150 to 140 must be the effect of many LSDs done during the previous marathon training.

Even though I have no problem with the heart rate and breathing throughout the LSD today, my legs especially the knees still feel uncomfortable after 12km. I guess still need to do a lot of strength training to build the leg muscles. That will be part of the training in the next few weeks.

Total weekly mileage = 32km. LSD = 15.5km
Total mileage todate = 59km.

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment