Saturday, May 2, 2009

20k but suffer like hell


Today is my weekly weekend long run routine. Only 2 persons (CP and me) managed to make it this time.

We decided to go to Taman Bukit Jalil since it's nearer for both of us.

I woke up at 5am and arrived at the car park just before 5.30am. CP is already there waiting. Only ¹other car in the car park.

We started the run at slow 7+ pace. The plan is to go around the park's 4km route 7 times or 3 hours which ever come earlier.

The first loop was relatively easy. It took us slightly more than 29mins to complete it. However half way through on the 2nd loop, my stomach started to ache and I have to rush to the toilet. I told CP to proceed with the run.

After the toilet break, my body started to react abnormally. I started to sweat a lot more than usual. I completed the next 2 loops at around 28mins per loop pace then the 4th loop at 29mins pace. I realised I have finished the water I brought with me at this point. So I have to make a detour to buy drink from the stall outside.

After that I returned to the run and saw CP already half way on his 5th lap. I continue to sweat at the abnormal rate and on top of that seems to be losing the strength to run. So I decided to call it a day and walk for the rest of the 5th lap. It took almost 40mins to complete that last lap.

I return to my car to bring out another bottle of drink and return to the track to wait for CP. He came in about 15mins later after completed his 6th lap.

Another low mileage week this week. Apart from Bidor and another 9k run I did yesterday. This is only my 3rd run this week. Look like time is running out quickly and I have to increase my weekly mileage soon. Otherwise it will be a tough tough KL marathon..

Posted by ShoZu

1 comment: