Sunday, May 10, 2009

Break-in Period


Read this from one of the Runner's World article. A pair of new shoes have to go through a 6 weeks break-in period before they are marathon ready.

Since it is about 6 weeks left before KLIM, I decided to bring out the birthday present from my good friends to do a recovery run this morning.

Not sure whether it is due to the pain incurred from the 20k run yesterday or the new shoes still too tight, my toes started to suffer from about 7km onwards. One of the toes even has blister after the run.

Not wanting to risk injury less than 2 months from the big occassion, I have to cut short the planned 16km run to 10km.

Will have to try the shoes out again a few more times to see whether the condition will improve. Otherwise I will have to run with one of the old pairs.. hiya...

Posted by ShoZu

4 comments: