Sunday, May 31, 2009

30km


I have to use the same photo again because posting from Shozu requires one.

This week marks 4 weeks countdown to SCKLM.

Every runners participating in full marathon category is doing their last LSD this week. Some did 37km, 35km, 32km, 31km, 30km and so on.

By right I should be joining this group of people this week but unfortunately the condition of my knee has not improve at all.

I woke up at 5am this morning and went out trying to do a long run. My target was at least to do a 25km run. I was sceptical whether longer distance is possible after low mileage this week. Turn out, the knee has not improve at all.

I haven't had pain after a few days of resting but after a short 4km run this morning, the severe pain started again. I had to limp my way till 10km before finally decided to call it a day. I was worried that the limping run will affect the other knee and my back if I continue further.

I tried another run in the afternoon and the pain started on queue after about 5km. I abandoned the run after 1km of limping.

Bad news is I have only 2 more weeks to recover. Otherwise I may have to pull out from my maiden marathon run.

Total weekly mileage: 30km (a lot of rest days to let the knee fully recover)

If problem persist, I'll have to do more cross trainings next week.

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment