Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Knee "injury"


I managed to accumulate a total mileage of 43km last week despite various problems.

First of all the pain in my left knee resurfaced when I was attempting a 26k run on Sunday. The mild pain started at around 12k but I continue to run for another 4km before it became really unbearable. The pain is at the level where even a slow walk caused tremendous difficulty. I had to force myself to continue the walk until the pain slowly went away.

Prior to that my plan was to do a 30k run together with CP on Saturday. Somehow I developed mild flu on Friday and the body wasn't feel right at night. I sms CP to inform him I will have to skip the run and only do a minor run around my housing area. I did manage to log in a 12k run on my own.

Overall this is the 5th week since I last did anything more than 21k. I'm fighting with both knee and toes problems and against time to get fit for the full marathon. I'm still very positive about able to get ready on time.

All these challenges is getting me stronger and stronger. It also help me to understand this is not an easy task and suffering is part of the journey I must conquered before I run across that finish line on 28 of June..

"Failure is not an option"

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment