Sunday, May 10, 2009

6k short of 50k this week


This week's mileage is slightly better than last week. Managed to achieve 44k, and that leave room for improvement next week:)

As usual, my weekend long run is on Saturday. This time we decided to do it in Taman Bukit Jalil again.

Unfortunately again like last week, I suffer just to complete the 20k run. This time it was my toes which give problem. This is something new to me. There were some pains at the toes in the past but not as bad as this time.

One of the reason I think could be because of the shoes. I was wearing a different pair of shoes this week. The Saucony Triumph 5.

Thing that puzzles me however is that I have been wearing this shoes for a while for various long runs, including GE20k, Bidor Half Marathon and my first 30k run. It could also be the terrain and the way I land.

Have to find out the root cause quickly. It will not be an easy task to run with painful toes for 42k.

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment