Monday, June 15, 2009

Bad luck hit twice

Apart from the knee problem that hit me out of no where, I was down with minor lung infection in the last 2 days. It must have been the haze and viruses around the office.

With this my slim hope of turning up for SCKLM is almost buried. Just not enough time left to train even if my knee can take it.

Anyway I plan to resume my running routine with short distance run until my knee is fully recovered. I might not make it this time but I have committed to another marathon run in November. Plenty of time to train for it so I have to take it slowly this time to not repeat the same injury problem.

It's 2 more weeks to go for my friends who will be running their 1st marathon: CP, KW and Ravin. All the best to you guys.

3 comments:

  1. please take care my friend... it will not be same without you in the race...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BP! We met on Facebook! I just read yr blog and I am in a similar siuation. But it my calf (soleous). Every time I try running it is ok for a few kms and then acts up again. However, the SCKLM guys are keeping the finish line open until 2pm ( 9hrs qualifying time) for a finishers medal and cert. If walking is OK( no pain) you might want to consider that.

    Cheers Paul Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiyo, last thing you wanna do is to give me hope;) i might see you at the starting line:)

    ReplyDelete