Friday, June 26, 2009

Race pack


Collected my race pack this afternoon thanks to CP.

It was a disaster for the organiser.

First it rained just before noon when most people take the opportunity of lunch hour to go and collect their race pack.

Then they were hit by power outage. The LAN system is out and no one could collect their pack.

When we (me, CP, Ravin and Devan) reached the collection area, it looked like the queue for full marathon category is fairly empty. However when we approached the counters suddenly there is a lady shouted at us said please queue from back there.. Really can't understand the pure kiasu attitude..

After queuing for almost 20 minutes and the system is still down, we decided to walk to Masjid Jamek for lunch.

When we came back 30 minutes or so later, the electricity has been restored. It was still a long and slow queue in front. I waited in the queue for another 15 minutes before decided to leave because I've to catch my next meeting back in office. I passed the authorization letter to CP who helped to collect my race pack.

Overall the initial impression of the organiser is really bad. I hope they improve tremendously during the race day. Otherwise I'm really worry they might run out of water supply for the slow marathon runners like me.

Other than that what's in the race pack is also quite disappointing. ¹running vest, ¹tower, ¹powerbar, bibs, runner's guide, a bunch of promotion leaflets and nothing else. I was hoping for more since this is such a big event compared to others.

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment