Saturday, June 27, 2009

My final preparation for Standard Chartered KL Marathon


Wake up at 5.45am this morning to do my final laps before tomorrow's marathon.

It will be my first marathon attempt and could be my first DNF in races participated so far as well.

Overall since last sunday, I have accumulated 51km of slow mileage this week, trying to catch up on the lost ground.

I've been training with various running speed trying to find one that will not hurt my knee so much when the distance get longer. Pace of between 8.5 mins to 9 mins per km seems to be working fine so far. The truth will be revealed after 10km tomorrow I guess..

Anyway some of my friends have been advising me to not over do it. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to them for their concern. Don't worry as CP said, I know my body best and will know when to call it a day. I still want to run until age of 76 at least, an inspiration I've drawn from the oldest ironman in malaysia:)

Signoff from the training log of my 1st marathon attempt.

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment