Sunday, June 7, 2009

An uphill battle


This week my running program is even worse than the week before. I only managed total mileage of 29km with longest distance of 10km.

I dare not over stretched and had to stop the run every time the pain on my left knee started with level 1 or 2 pain.

Good news is I'm now able to do at least 9 or 10km run before the pain starts.

My plan in the next 21 days before the SCKLM is to do a run on alternate day to give my legs some rest time in between. I'm still hoping to be at the starting line of this event if things progress as expected.

With the alternate day plan, I hope to be able to catch up with a 12km run tomorrow (8/6), 15km (10/6), 18km (12/6), 20km (14/6), 22km (16/6), 25km (18/6), 28km (20/6), 30km (22/6) and taper with a 6km run on 24/6.

25/6 onwards will be carbo loading days to fuel up for the 42km run.

By the way, I'm supposed to see a sports doctor on my knee. I know what the advice would be and decided to skip it until end of June.

Wish me luck all my friends... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment