Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ready or not...


I've decided to turn up for SCKLM marathon event regardless of what's going to happen. At the very least I will be there to support my friend - CP, who is going to run his maiden full marathon.

So far I'm confident of running at least 10km with a very slow pace. If fortunate I might be able to last 15km or 20km. If I manage to get to 25km mark then I will likely to walk the remaining 17km. BHAG... My Big Hairy Audacious Goal. Hehe :)

This is definitely not a glamorous way of finishing the 1st marathon but who cares..

Meantime I need to find a cap or maybe a hat with umbrella on it to shield myself from the extremely heat from 9am - 12am on the race day. I have calculated it will takes between 6.5 hours to 7 hours for me to finish. All preparation must gear towards heat management... unless it rains..

Other than that I need to bring my knee protector, sloan cream, emergency numbers and other medical supplies just in case..

May the force be with me on the race day...

1 comment:

  1. My friend, please take it easy. There is no right or wrong or even glamorous way to complete any marathon. It will be an experience & personal achievement to complete one. Your determination and will power is what I admire. Just remember not to overdo it. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete