Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mission Accomplished


Photo courtesy of CP again.

When I went out from the house this morning, I really wasn't sure whether I can even finished 15km. 10km was my target.

Less than ¹week ago, when I decided to join the run, the aim was just to be there to give CP and Lam support and run a relaxed 10km then take a taxi back.

It has been close to 1.5 months (a week before New Balance 15k) when my knee problem started. I have been struggling to finish even a 20k run since. So being realistic, I didn't set a very high target.

However I always keep the slim hope alive deep inside me. I wanted to get ready just in case. So while all other runners have started their tapering last week, I was still putting in km after km of mileage. I want to keep my legs ready if the knee doesn't give me problem. I glad I did all that because all those training mileage come in really handy today. I was able to pace myself without much problem through out except the stretch after 33km where it goes slightly uphill.

Being able to finish my first marathon after all the challenges is truely satisfying. I learned a lot from the race, the trainings and from all the challenges that I need to overcome.

We must keep the hope alive and always get ready. Never give up even if sometime it seems impossible..

Race report coming up next...

Posted by ShoZu

No comments:

Post a Comment